Re: [JSON] JSON Syntax Options - URI Properties

Ivan Herman wrote:
> That is very helpful.
>
> One comment/question, though. These are not mutually exclusive possibilities, are they?

Not at all, they can be mixed and matched, with the exception of "TERMs
with colons" and CURIEs, those two can't be mixed together.

> Again inspired by the RDFa experience, there is a hierarchy there for, say, the value of an @about attribute. This is:
>
> - If the value can be mapped to a URI as a term (via some term resolution statement around, whether in the file or through some environment setting like profiles), then take that URI
> - If not, but the value can be mapped as a CURIE (with the same prerequisites), than resolve the CURIE and take that URI
> - Otherwise, the value is considered to be a URI and is parsed as such.
>
> The 'environment' that I was referring to (eg, your #vocab, or other '#' keys somewhere up the tree, and external and possibly default profile, stuff like that) would act as the goggle that you were referring to. Meaning that a
>
> {
> "name" : "Nathan"
> }
>
> could be handled as as a simple json file by a no-I-do-not-use-RDF user as obj.name (and trust that I know what "name" is); but the same file can then be used as an RDF data with a suitable API if wished.
>
> I am not saying this is necessarily the way we have to go, because it is obviously a bit complicated to cross all the t-s in the process, but just want to clarify the alternatives...

Yes, that's what I've been getting at when I say "RDF Goggles", the
terms for proeprties bit is easy, setting a subject should be an easy
hit too, datatyping may be a little tricky, likewise language - I'll
continue to write up every option I can think of in the wiki in relation
to these, in as unbiased-as-i-can way :)

Best,

Nathan