Re: [Turtle] spec minutia

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:20:51 +0100
Cc: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
On 16 Jul 2011, at 16:31, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> "RDF URI Reference" still shows up in three places. Should we change it to IRI

Yes.

>> or wait for the RDF model spec to evolve?

The RDF Concepts draft [1] already talks about IRIs (almost) everywhere. It did already do that when I first put it online.

>> The same goes for datatype URI which I assume will evolve towards an IRI.

The RDF Concepts draft already calls that a datatype IRI.

> Slightly different - "RDF URI Reference" is a specific RDF term which we're changing.  A datatype URI is a normal URI.

No, a datatype URI *is* an RDF URI Reference in RDF 2004, and since we replaced that term with “IRI”, we will have datatype IRIs in RDF 1.1.

Retaining the term “datatype URI” around would be nonsense. They are not URIs. They never were URIs.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Documents