Re: first cut at proposing closure for the RDFCore legacy issue list

From: Peter Frederick Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:48:47 -0400
To: <danbri@danbri.org>
CC: <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, <david.wood@talis.com>
> rdf-plain-and-xml-literals: An XML literal without markup, e.g. "foo"
> should denote the same thing as the plain literal "foo".
>
> RESOLVE: Close (duplicate) - currently under discussion in RDF WG>

The RDF semantics indicate that the value space of rdf:XMLLiteral is
disjoint from the set of Unicode strings.

>From RDF Concepts:

The value space is a set of entities, called XML values, which is:
* disjoint from the lexical space;
* disjoint from the value space of any XML schema datatype [XML-SCHEMA2];
* disjoint from the set of Unicode character strings [UNICODE] strings;
* and in 1:1 correspondence with the lexical space.

so

RESOLVE: Close as NO!!!

I don't know why the last WG decided to punt here.

peter