Re: A use case for graph literals: Schemapedia (ISSUE-5)

From: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:33:46 +0100
Cc: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com>
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
I'm not sure in this situation you'd want example fragments to be handled as a named graph type of first class object, but maybe I'm missing the use-case.

Suppose I write

<some-schema> a :Schema ;
              :example "@prefix some: <http://some.schema.example> .\n<bob> some:has <Thing> .\n" .

Do I want those example triples to be accessible for e.g. in SPARQL queries? Or do I just want a convenient datatype to stash the literal text in RDF?

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK