Re: [JSON] JSON Serializations Lineup (ACTION-20)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 23:06:07 -0400
To: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Cc: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, Hannes Mühleisen <hannes@muehleisen.org>
On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 15:18 +0200, Thomas Steiner wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In (hopefully) fulfillment of ACTION-20 [1], please find my JSON
> serializations lineup at [2]. It contains one relatively interesting
> sample graph [3] serialized as far as possible in the following
> formats: Linked Data API,
> JRON, JSN3, JSON-LD (CURIEs), JSON-LD (terms), JTriples, RDF/JSON,
> RDFj, SPARQL Query Results in JSON, Flat triples approach to RDF
> graphs in JSON.
>
> It is the product of one long-haul flight and a long-haul train ride,
> the prior accompanied by Hannes Mühleisen (CC'ed, thanks for your
> help), and some sanity checks from Nathan, Manu, and Sandro (thanks,
> too). There will probably still be some bugs in there, but all JSON
> has been "linted" and in most cases double-checked. If you are a spec
> author of one of the serializations, feel free to check for
> correctness and please fix potential bugs. Concentration went down a
> little after t = t_airborne + 7 ;-)
>
> I'll present some of my findings at the F2F during the JSON
> presentation after Matteo. Most (all?) of hit has been covered by
> Nathan's _excellent_ syntax options write-up [4] way before my work.

Great work.   I've updated the JRON section to fix a few
misunderstandings about JRON 0.1, and change a couple tiny things to
make it JRON 0.2.

In doing this, I noticed (rather late) that the value of foaf:knows in
the test data, rather than being two friends, is a list of two friends.
That violates the foaf schema.  That is, instead of:

   foaf:knows ( <http://janedoe.example.org/#me> [ foaf:name "John Smith" ] ) ;

the shared example should have:

   foaf:knows <http://janedoe.example.org/#me>, [ foaf:name "John Smith" ] ;

if it's to be proper FOAF.  On the other handle, I think it is great to
have an rdf:List in there somewhere, so lets not fix this until we have
a list example.

Perhaps:

[ a owl:AllDifferent;
  owl:members ( <http://janedoe.example.org/#me> <http://jondoe.example.org/#me> )
]

and maybe put that bnode for John Smith in there, too, which will require a named node.

   -- Sandro