Re: on evaluation

On 9/28/16 1:56 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> My view is that there should be no requirement that focus nodes are validated
> against the filter shapes of a shape before they are validated against the
> constraints of the shape.  I have previously mentioned several reasons that
> led me to this view.

OK. This is a different objection to what I had previously understood. I
thought your objection was to saying that they are "validated".

In the introduction to section 2.0 of SHACL there is a diagram that
shows what I have taken to be an execution flow:

data graph -> targets are used to select focus nodes -> Filters are used
to eliminate some focus nodes -> Constraints are used to produce
validation results.

Is it this flow that you are objecting to?

If so, can you either point to or reiterate your reasons?

Thanks,
kc

--
Karen Coyle