Re: Labels for literals in sh:in enumeration

On 22/09/2016 0:35, Miika Alonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Issue was about documenting the literals defined in the SHACL graph.
> Here is the refined ISSUE once again:
>
> Desired data format:
> _:n1 ex:htmlColor '#FDD7E4' .
>
> ISSUE: No way to generate this from the SHACL graph.
> <select>
>   <option value="#FDD7E4">Pink</option>
>   <option value="#800080">Purple</option>
> </select>
>
> I came up with two solutions. First one is non-validating and second
> would require additional changes to the validation logic. I added the
> second option because in the first option you have to do some extra
> work (match literals in the list to the literals in the annotations)
> to find the correct annotations.
>
> 1) Non-validating: Add sh:Annotation (or similar).
>
> (SHAPE GRAPH)
>  a sh:Shape ;
> sh:targetNode ex:RainbowPony ;
> sh:property [
>          sh:annotation ex:MyAnnotation1, ex:MyAnnotation2 ;
>          sh:predicate ex:htmlColor ;
>          sh:in ('#FDD7E4' '#800080') ;
>      ] .

Here is how this could look like with the sh:labelFunction proposal:

sh:property [
     sh:labelFunction ex:getAnnotationName ;
     sh:predicate ex:htmlColor ;
     sh:in ('#FDD7E4' '#800080') ;
] .

ex:getAnnotationName
     a sh:SPARQLFunction ;
     sh:parameter [
         sh:predicate ex:value ;
     ] ;
     sh:select """
         SELECT ?name
         WHERE {
             ?ann sh:value ?value .
             ?ann sh:name ?name .
         } """ .

Above, sh:labelFunction applies to all value nodes, i.e. all values of
the given property in the context of the shape.

Note that having this as a function would also allow other
implementations to attach their own label logic, e.g. written in JavaScript.

Does this make sense?

Holger