Re: Discussion with Ian and Henri about HTML5+RDFa (part 2/2)

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:06:13 +0000
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Hi Julian,

I'm afraid it's the use of full URIs in @rel that is not backwards
compatible, as I explained, since it makes every value, such as "next"
or "foo", into a relative path.

That in itself wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that you
can't have *both* predefined and user-defined values being relative
paths against the same base URI.

By the way, how is RDFa's use of @rel not backwards-compatible?

Regards,

Mark