Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 15:21, Julian Reschke wrote:

> I still do not understand the nature of the problem.
>
> If you are in a namespace-aware environment (such as XOM, or
> something using the XPath data model, such as XSLT), then use the
> supplied XML namespace information.

While HTML5 parsing as defined today supplies namespace information
for each element and attribute name, it doesn't supply xmlns:foo-based
namespace mapping context for resolving prefixes in attribute content
on the application layer.

Changing HTML5 parsing to supply this context would mean a parsing-
level change for the benefit of RDFa. None of the features drafted
HTML 5 so far need this.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi