Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:04:44 +0200
Cc: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>, Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Michael Bolger <michael@michaelbolger.net>, public-rdfa@w3.org, RDFa mailing list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
On Feb 18, 2009, at 15:21, Julian Reschke wrote:

> I still do not understand the nature of the problem.
>
> If you are in a namespace-aware environment (such as XOM, or
> something using the XPath data model, such as XSLT), then use the
> supplied XML namespace information.

While HTML5 parsing as defined today supplies namespace information
for each element and attribute name, it doesn't supply xmlns:foo-based
namespace mapping context for resolving prefixes in attribute content
on the application layer.

Changing HTML5 parsing to supply this context would mean a parsing-
level change for the benefit of RDFa. None of the features drafted
HTML 5 so far need this.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi