Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:36:09 +0100
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>, Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>, Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, public-rdfa@w3.org, RDFa mailing list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, 'Karl Dubost' <karl@la-grange.net>, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Michael Bolger <michael@michaelbolger.net>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2009, at 11:44, Dan Brickley wrote:
>
>> Ben is saying that we are not asking _browsers_ to do anything beyond
>> expose the data.
> [...]
>> Firefox addons, Opera widgets, Ubiquity scripts, ... are all ways of
>> exploring future browser designs. The better ideas may find their way
>> slowly into the core UI we all expect of a Web browser.
>
> Exactly. That's why arguments that it doesn't need to work in browsers
> are so unconvincing when Firefox extension come up often.

"work in browser" != "browser needs to implement something"

BR, Julian