Re: microdata feedback / Was: Re: Why bound prefixes are an anti-pattern in language design

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:31:16 +0200
To: bnowack@semsol.com
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On 11/8/09 19:57, Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> just to add an alternative view: I've been using eRDF, RDFa, and multiple
> homegrown RDF-in-HTMLs during the last years, none was really satisfying.
>
> Now I've tried microdata and it's actually a very refreshing experience.
> RDF authoring finally feels like HTML authoring (and not just like an RDF
> syntax that partly looks like HTML).

[snip]
One of the nicer things about RDF is that it is possible for progress on
syntaxes to be de-coupled from other efforts, so that data can still be
merged even across sites that chose different notations.

> So, before you dismiss microdata, maybe ask yourself if your arguments
> are mainly politically motivated, and, more important, build an app with
> it first before you argue in favor of other solutions. You might be
> surprised.

Do you have an RDF parser for it? Any gotchas for those of us who'd want
to consume microdata'd data via RDF, SPARQL etc.? I'd love to see some
examples in which much the same basic content is shown in RDFa, in
microdata, and then the whole lot loaded into SPARQL/RDF for query...

cheers,

Dan