Re: Why bound prefixes are an anti-pattern in language design

From: Martin McEvoy <martin@weborganics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:58:51 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>
>>> You might not care about these authors, but I do.
>>>
>> that's unkind and also not true.
>>

> Ah, then I misunderstood your previous e-mail. What did you mean by 'if an
> author doesnt understand this when he is "copy and pasting" then really
> its his look out not mine'?

What I mean is I cant change the way copy and paste works Its a very
fragile way of doing things, instead of treating authors with kid
gloves, or thinking they have no intelligence its better to inform
authors of their perils instead of promoting lazyweb ideals, thus they
learn and become better authors which is what we all want.

sigh!

>> you do not think org.example.animal.cat is a long string fair enough, I
>> personally dislike it its unintuitive and frankly ugly, and truthfully
>> it surprises me that you take them so seriously
>>

> I certainly would prefer a shorter fully-qualified string. URIs are
> longer. What else is there?

Indeed .

--
Martin McEvoy