Re: RDFa spec is available in French

Hi Manu,

I guess Jean-Jacques may also reply on this, but let me also chime in (I
was responsible for the management of translations of W3C document for a
long time...). This is an issue that came up several times for
recommendation translations in general. The problem is that the examples
in a W3C Rec have to be deadly precise because people often rely on
those rather than reading the prose. Translating those examples into
another language might generate extra errors (remember that these
translations are rarely reviewed by others, and are the product of
volunteers like Jean-Jacques), so the general feeling among translators
is that keeping to the original examples is safer. The examples in the
RDFa doc are of course not that complex, so in this very case a
translation would probably incur no danger, but they can be fairly
complicated in other cases... I believe that this is why Jean-Jacques
(who is our most prolific volunteer translator, all languages of the
World put together!) chose this approach...

Cheers

Ivan