Re: RDFa spec is available in French

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 12:05:48 -0500
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
CC: W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Ivan Herman wrote:
> FYI: Jean-Jacques Solari has just published a French translation of
> RDFa: "RDFa dans XHTML — Syntaxe et traitement"
>
> http://www.yoyodesign.org/doc/w3c/rdfa-syntax/Overview.html

It's really cool to see the RDFa spec in French. Any reason that the
examples were not also translated to French (where applicable)?

It might give off the false impression that there is some sort of
English or Western Language ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15 preference to
those that may only glance at the spec. I realize that this is a fairly
paranoid argument, but it would be nice if the examples could also be
translated to French.

Great work, Jean-Jacques! I can imagine that it took quite a long time
to perform the translation.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.

blog: POSIX Threads Kill: Scaling Past 100K Concurrent Web Requests
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2008/09/30/scaling-webservices-part-1

blog: Fibers are the Future: Scaling Past 100K Concurrent Web Requests
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2008/10/21/scaling-webservices-part-2