Serving and Validating XHTML+RDFa

From: James Pickering <jp29@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:19:43 -0400
To: "public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

I have been testing serving XHTML+RDFa documents via Content Negotiation in order to render them as content (MIME) type application/xhtml+xml to XML compliant Browsers and as content (MIME) type text/html to MSIE Browsers.

However, there is no "Appendix C" provision (ala XHTML 1.0) in the "RDFa in XHTML Syntax and Processing  Working Draft" --  to permit serving XHTML+RDFa documents as content (MIME) type text/html  -- to do so produces the W3C Markup Validator notation:

"Warning Conflict between Mime Type and Document Type

The document is being served with the text/html Mime Type which is not a
registered media type for the XHTML + RDFa Document Type. The recommended media type for this document is: application/xhtml+xml"

I note that the W3C is currently serving some of their XHTML+RDFa documents as Content-Type text/html?

My test document is at: http://jp29.org/rdfaprimerx.php

James Pickering