Re: capturing reserved keywords in @rel

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
>> We should *not* consider hGRDDL as an official piece of the RDFa spec.
>> I'm only trying to show how trivial it is to look for reserved keywords
>> and prefix them so they can be picked up by the main RDFa parser (which
>> otherwise ignores un-prefixed @rels). This approach is a pre-processing
>> step, which may be how we want to word it.
>
> Right...but what about the spec? As I keep saying, the tricky bit is
> not writing code to do it, but putting it into the spec. Everyone
> keeps saying this is easy, but still no-one has tackled the
> specification side. :(
>
> So the first question is where are you proposing to place the
> pre-processing step? (In the spec, I mean.)

Nowhere:-)

I do not think that this pre-processing step should be part of the spec.
It is a reasonable way of implementation (my implementation has,
essentially, the same general feature built-in), but it is not a spec issue.

I am actually lost. I thought Manu's proposal in:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jan/0152.html

is a perfectly reasonable way of document this and put an end to the
issue (and hGRDDL is _a_ conceptual way of implementing it, but that is
not part of the document).

What is wrong with Manu's stuff?

ivan