Re: status of non-prefixed values in @rel

Hi Steven,

As I said before, we're at the stage now where we need proposed
solutions that we can all talk about. Otherwise what you are saying
might sound to the casual reader a little like tilting at windmills,
since no-one has said that we should not support @rel="next", only
that we have yet to agree on a way to make it work and be consistent.

I know it's tangential to this particular discussion, but since you
raised it I have to disagree with your point about loss of simplicity.
Although at the end of the day this will often be a matter of opinion,
I do think that there is a great deal of simplicity in the model as it
stands now. And also, since we reintroduced chaining the current
concepts are very similar to my early drafts, which makes it doubly
difficult to argue that we have somehow 'moved away' from a golden age
of simplicity.

So which 'two paragraph definition' are you referring to, that you
think we've deviated from?

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232