Re: running tests locally

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:42:12 -0800
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com>
CC: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> In our Sidewinder implementation, we have the ability to specify
> in the URL that is used to retrieve that document.

That seems quite interesting, and I look forward to seeing the full Note.

That said, I would suggest that we not add this specific syntax to our
test suite: I'm worried that some parsers would then add that <#base()>
to the URIs in their triples (which would not be entirely without reason.)

I'd rather keep it slightly less defined: a parser should accept a file
and a URI base, or alternatively just the URI that it can then fetch and
use as the base. But in any case, if there's an interface where the
parser gets raw content, it should also accept a BASE parameter, however
it chooses to do so.

It would be perfectly okay for your parser, Mark, to specify that
fragment syntax as its input format, of course, since that is a valid
way to declare raw content (the URI), and a base (the #base()).