Re: Summary of @href/@resource completing triples issue (v2.0)

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Sorry folks, Ben's right, there were several bugs in the last summary...
> I'm repeating this because all three of these should turn into test
> cases and we need to make sure that they're correct representations of
> the issue:
>
> This works for both models:

> --------
> <#me> foaf:knows <#ivan> .
> <#me> foaf:knows <#shane> .

I was not 100% comfortable with that yesterday, and I am still a bit
ambivalent with it. My problem is that @href in the <div>: would that
also lead to spurious triples if, for example, I use <a> instead of the

Another slight problem I see is: say a person has the following code
somewhere:

Which would yield

<> a:b "something" ;
    b:c <#d> .

However, *for html reasons*, so to say, we want to enclose that into a
clickable link which, a priori, has nothing to do with RDF. What happens is

resource="#d">bla</span></a>

which makes perfect sense for the HTML author. However, if we use those
rules, than we get

<#SOMEURI> a:b "something" ;
    b:c <#d> .

and to get the resources unchanged, the user has to think of adding

rel="b:c" resource="#d">bla</span></a>

No big deal, but nevertheless... I guess the issue here is that the
usage of @href is overloaded in RDFa for clickable and RDF reasons and
that may lead to problems. And that is why my initial instinct was to
say that @href "does" something in RDFa-land only when it appears with
some other RDFa attribute (ie, the user knows what he/she is doing...)

I am not saying it is a big issue, and we may live with that. I just
wanted to air my discomfort, and thereby adding to the overall confusion
before we get too tired:-)

Of course, the argument above does not apply if I use @resource. Ben was
asking somewhere whether we should consider the symmetry of @href and
@resource as immutable, and that is a valid question of course...
Although I believe we should try to keep these two together...

Ivan