Re: Test Cases for 2008-01-10 telecon

Hi Manu,

On the test concerning @rel="license", though, I thought we agreed
that this would no longer generate anything? (The 'principle of least
triples' idea. :))

So the following is the only *guaranteed* way in RDFa to state a
license connection, in such a way to be sure that the triple will find
its way into the default graph:

  <link rel="[:license]" href="..." />

The syntax document does allow this to be parsed:

  <link rel="license" href="..." />

but it says that whatever triple(s) are generated from this (and they
are not defined) they must NOT appear in the default graph. The idea
is that a parser can do something with this if it likes, but it won't
affect the basic triples that are generated, so conformance across
parsers can be compared.

I proposed this a while back, as a compromise solution, since we were
going nowhere with our discussions concerning 'non-prefixed @rel
values'. Obviously it's not ideal, but it does have the redeeming
features that (a) it doesn't preclude a better solution being found in
the future, and (b) parsers are still free to generate triples for the
simpler mark-up if they want, provided they don't put them in the
default graph.

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232