W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > August 2008

meeting record: 2008-08-07 RDFa informal telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:58:52 -0400
Message-Id: <>
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, public-swd-wg@w3.org

The notes of today's small (but sweet :) RDFa Task Force telecon
are now available


A text snapshot follows.


                        RDF-in-XHTML Task Force

07 Aug 2008


      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Aug/0011.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2008-07-31

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-rdfa-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html


          Michael Hausenblas, Ralph Swick, Steven Pemberton

          Manu Sporny, Ben Adida, Jeremy Carroll, Mark Birbeck




     * Topics
         1. Action Review
         2. Implementation Report
     * Summary of Action Items

Action Review

   all open actions still pending

Implementation Report

   -> [9]Implementation Report

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/

   Michael: we have one more implementation than we need to meet our CR
   exit criteria
   ... Fabien reported the results of his XSLT implementation so I'll
   include his results

   <mhausenblas> [10]Fabiens proposal

     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Aug/0016.html

   Ralph: what about Fabien's note of a bug in the manifest for 52 &

   <mhausenblas> [11]Freezed RDFa TC for IR

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases-20080731/

   Michael: I wonder if Fabien has an old version of the manifest, as
   the other implementations pass
   ... nope, seems to be the same in the manifest
   ... I'll have to check this with Manu

   <mhausenblas> [12]reference negative TC

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases-20080731/Test0086

   Michael: compare with test 86

   Ralph: looking at [13]http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_6.1.1.

     [13] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_6.1.1.

   <mhausenblas> [14]approval of TC 52 and 53

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/18-rdfa-minutes.html#item02

   Ralph: consider rule 4 in

     [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_5.5.

   Michael: as we have no @about, the subject becomes the value of

   Ralph: so the comment in the Purpose column of Section 3 of the
   implementation report is wrong for tests 52 and 53

   ACTION: Michael check tests 52 and 53 with Manu [recorded in

   Ralph: the worrisome thing is that Fabien believes the test should
   be a negative test, in contradiction to the other 5 reported
   implementations. Perhaps he is believing the incorrect text in the
   Purpose column, but if he thinks there are words in the spec that
   say the opposite we should track this down

   Michael: is section 4 sufficient, or does it need to be longer?

   Ralph: the implementation report is only to show that we have
   completed our CR requirements
   ... so fine to add more if we know but OK to point to the Wiki

   Michael: what else do we need for WG review?

   Ralph: we need a final editor's draft and to include the XSLT
   implementation in the report
   ... since there has been so much discussion of using GRDDL for RDFa,
   to omit the XSLT implementation would raise many questions

   Michael: do the WGs need to review the implementation report?

   Ralph: were we committed to publishing it as a Group Note?

   -> [17]RDFa Deliverables

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#RDFa

   <mhausenblas> [18]5-Aug SWD minutes

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#item02

   Ralph: I don't believe that the WGs intend to publish the
   Implementation Report as a TR
   ... so it just stays in its current form and you can continually
   improve it as comments arrive

   Steven: alternating between the Implementation Report and the
   Implementation Wiki, it's hard to find the similarities
   ... perhaps I'll try to update the Wiki
   ... Micah Dubinko reported a new implementation this week

   Michael: once Manu updates the test harness to point to a new
   implementation I just need to regenerate the EARL

   Steven: the terminology in the Wiki is different from the
   terminology in the Implementation Report
   ... one talks about 'client side' and the other talks about

   Michael: the audiences are different

   Steven: how shall we report editorial errors in the IR?

   Michael: wait 1 or 2 days while I work in Ben's client-side wording
   and tests 52 and 53 then I'll send a call for comments

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Michael check tests 52 and 53 with Manu [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to contact Ed and Diego about new editors
   drafts coming down the pipe. [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to create test cases for testing relative URI
   resolution (href/CURIEs/etc). [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark to update RDFa Syntax document, section 5.4.2
   to be explicit about which algorithm is used to resolve relative
   URIs. [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to complete implementation report and send
   out notification to all working groups. [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to work with Ben on proposing specific
   editorial changes to RDFa Syntax document based on ISSUE-122.
   [recorded in

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action01
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action22
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action21
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action20
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action23

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to log all CR issues to tracker [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to talk to Alan about CR ISSUE-122 [recorded
   in [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to update Primer according to resolution, and
   add note about "it was designed to eventually work in HTML, etc..."
   [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once
   the NS URI is set up. [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to start a wiki page for HTML4/5 [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu: Start Best Practices Section on the
   rdfa.info wiki [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning
   [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
   [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend
   [35]http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq)
   [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to make
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt happen recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Shane to update XHTML ns document to point to new
   XSLT URI [recorded in
   [PENDING] ACTION: Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [35] http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [42]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([43]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/08/07 15:51:47 $

     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 7 August 2008 16:00:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:50:29 UTC