Re: Mapping Microformats to RDFa

Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> I took a SWEO action item this week to document possible
> mappings from microformats to RDF. I won't do the whole
> set, though, just the "core" 10-15 ones.

We needed to know exactly what attributes map over... is the work we're
doing more detailed than yours? Please feel free to re-use anything
we're doing... that document is in the public domain.

> I don't think
> there is going to be a single per-MF mapping (e.g. there
> are various competing vcard rdf vocabs,

The purpose of the page is to give regular web developers some direction
on where to start.

> I personally map hcards to FOAF where possible

Nooooo! Don't do it! :)

hCard doesn't map to FOAF completely... not even close. If we tell
people to do this, they'll immediately start pointing out why
Microformats are better than RDFa. "hCard has way more useful properties
than FOAF" - which to the untrained eye, is true.

I'd be interested to see your mappings, once they are complete, and
it'll hopefully help the uf2rdfa mapping initiative as well as the GRDDL
community.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny