Re: Mapping Microformats to RDFa

Ivan Herman wrote:
> what you propose to do is great (and thanks for it!) but I would phrase
> it differently...

I have added the following to the bottom of the introduction, does this
address your concern:

This page will show you how to translate semantics from Microformats to
RDF using RDFa. Keep in mind that these are not the only possible
mappings. There are multiple RDF vocabularies, the most direct and
popular ones are used for the mappings below.

http://wiki.digitalbazaar.com/en/Mapping-ufs-to-rdfa

> What I think would be even better is to have a strong cooperation with
> those guys. Ie,

Yes! We'd love to work with them. Is Danny Ayers, Dan Connoly or Brian
Suda the main person to contact?

> - define the RDF equivalent to all major microformats together with the
> GRDDL folks;

Sounds good. I should note that we have a much more near-term practical
interest in doing this - and that is improving Operator to be able to
detect both RDFa and Microformats on a page and hand the MicroModel (a
Javascript object) off to the Javascript Action that operates on that
data. The goal is to have Semantic Web Action writers that code to one
MicroObject specification in order to leverage what is already there in
the Microformat plugins for RDFa.

This will hopefully mean that one Semantic Web Action can be used across
all browsers if they use the MicroModel approach.

> - let the GRDDL folks define/implement the corresponding GRDDL transforms
> - we should show some ways on how that RDF dialect can be encoded in
> RDFa. It is probably a good practice to make this encoding as close to
> the original microformat to ease the transition, but we should emphasize
> that this is only one of an infinite variety of ways how this can be done.

Yes, agreed! :)

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny