request for profile URI for RDFa

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:45:46 -0400
To: W3C Director <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: public-swd-wg@w3.org, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

On behalf of the SWD and XHTML2 Working Groups collaborating
on the specification of RDFa, I request a profile URI for use in
the @profile of an HTML4 document to indicate that the document
author intends the RDFa markup to be interpreted as RDF statements.
See our [1]ISSUE-28 How does one "Follow one's nose" from an
HTML document to the RDFa spec?

   [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/28

I propose http://www.w3.org/ns/rdfa with the expectation that this URI
can serve both as a profile URI and as a namespace URI if the
RDFa specification needs one.

Per [2]URIs for W3C Namespaces, this short URI requires Director approval.

   [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri

-Ralph