Re: [Proposal] ISSUE-42: How does RDFa deal with @src

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:02:58 +0200
To: mark.birbeck@x-port.net
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Just for the records...

Ivan Herman wrote:
> Mark,

[snip]
> Also, are we sure that
>
> <s> rdfs:label "alt".
>
> is the best representation for this? I am afraid of finding ourselves in
> some endless discussion with, say, WAI people on the meaning of the
> 'alt' attribute; one could also say that
>
> <s> rdfs:seeAlso "alt".

B.t.w., I realized yesterday evening (under the shower, the best place
for these things:-) that this is wrong. The range of rdfs:seeAlso is
defined to be rdf:Resource by the RDF Semantics, ie, it should not be
used with a Literal as an object. But there is also rdfs:comment, for
example, that could be used instead of rdfs:label, so the original
argument holds...

Ivan