Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-2: custom attributes for RDF shorthand

Hi Ben,

I don't have a problem with not supporting this feature now, but there
is no need to rule it out for the future.

The aim of the feature is not to provide a shorthand, but to provide
rules for parsing something that may already exist in some given
language. (The idea of 're-use' does not need to be solely about
inline mark-up, but can also be regarded as giving semantic meaning to
_any_ already existing mark-up.) Obviously at the moment there is
nothing like this in HTML/XHTML, so we don't really need it, but when
you start importing things from other namespaces, it is a very useful
feature. For example, if you created an HTML/XHTML profile that used
the P3P attribute, you would want to make something meaningful from
@p3p11:p3p.

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232