[RDFa] ISSUE-28: following your nose to the RDFa specification

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:00:41 -0700
To: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Issue #28:
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/28

DanC asked us: "how does one follow one's nose to the RDFa specification
from an HTML+RDFa document?"

I propose that we respond to this question by pointing to the DTD
declaration we now recommend for XHTML1.1+RDFa documents.

I also propose that we specify an official W3C profile for XHTML1.1+RDFa
which would include a GRDDL transformation for XHTML1.1+RDFa. We should
encourage publishers to use this profile when it's possible, though we
should not to developers of RDFa consumers that this profile may not
always be present, since RDFa is built for copy-and-pasted, widgets, etc...

Thoughts? Comments? Remember, send a note even if you simply agree!

-Ben