Re: Feedback on RDFa Primer

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:12:20 -0500
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com>
CC: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>, "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> The reason I say that creating triples is not the goal itself is that
> is very RDF-centric. Any RDF developer reading the primer will see the
> RDF-ness without any trouble, so we don't need to labour that. And any
> non-RDF aware author does not need to be distracted by it. For authors
> then, the goal is marking up their metadata in a way that makes it
> usable by other applications--interpreting that mark-up as RDF is
> essentially step 2.
Just to expand on this thought.... that's actually brilliant Mark.  What
an author is doing via RDFa is easily adding machine processable
semantics.  The fact that it happens to be "RDF" is a happy
coincidence.  Seriously.... who cares that it is RDF (in the primer)?
The real story is the ready realization of the semantic web.

"RDFa Primer - Semantic Web made Easy"

Now there's a title for you.