Re: Display values for RDFa object URLs

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:30:53 -0700
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

= much good discussion about rdfs:label =

Mark: I tend to agree with you that the "right" way to work rdfs:label
is now emerging... However, since Manu thinks he'd rather be explicit,
and since his was the use case that brought this discussion back up,
then I think we have to defer to the decision we made when we withdrew
your action: let's leave this to the next version and make rdfs:label
explicit. (In part because there's more complication there: rdfs:label
takes a plain literal as object, so we'd have to also have an implicit
datatype=""... it gets a bit messy.)

Niklas and Ivan: there is a key difference between @instanceof and
@property, which is that we always thought of @instanceof as a syntactic
sugar for <link rel="rdf:type"> as a child element of the current
element. Thus, the subject resolution of @instanceof is a bit different
than other "core" RDFa attributes like @property, and I think there
remains a certain amount of consistency.

Niklas: I almost agreed with you that it would be nice to have @property
take on the chained subject, but the number of special cases makes me
agree with Ivan: let's leave it as is, a bit more verbose, but also simpler.