XMLLiteral (was: GRDDL RDFa transformation tests results)

From: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:45:50 +0200
To: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hausenblas, Michael  :
> Regarding the XMLLiteral issue (TC 13):
> Did you have a look at [1], already? If yes, feel free to add an
> according question (best with source code :) there, if not, pls have a look at
> this Wiki page, and tell us if it answers your question or what is still
> missing.
>> Test case#13: I fail this test but I need explanations.
>> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000013.html
>> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000013.sparql
>> Here I don't really know what to produce: the reason I fail is
>> because when I copy the source nodes:
>> E = mc<sup>2</sup>: The Most Urgent Problem of Our Time
>> The transformation adds the namespaces declaration to <sup>.
>> I am not clear exactly what should be copied: (1) the exact
>> string or (2) the XML nodes and their context?
>> I looked at the following pointer but couldn't tell after either:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-concepts-20030123/#dfn-rdf-XMLLiteral

Thanks for the pointer but to illustrate my problem here is a sample of
the output I produce for this case:

 <dc:title xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
        E = mc<sup xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:cc="http://web.resource.org/cc/" xmlns:ex="http://example.org/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">2</sup>: The Most
Urgent Problem of Our Time

As you can see the copy of the node content is done in an XML manner
i.e. the <sup> element is copied with all the namespaces of its context.
While the copy showed in the test is a plain text copy:

  "E = mc<sup>2</sup>: The Most Urgent Problem of Our Time"^^<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral>

So my question was: do we really want a plaintext copy or do we want an
XML copy?

Fabien - http://www.inria.fr/acacia/fabien/