RE: GRDDL RDFa transformation tests results

Fabien,

Thank you _very_ much. Great job! We (Wing and I) are certainly
going to work through it and address all of the open issues.
Please allow us some time to elaborate on this ...

The JUnit test suite sounds very interesting - any chances we can
use it on a public basis?

If appropriate, may we include your three new TC into the official
suite?

Regarding the XMLLiteral issue (TC 13):
Did you have a look at [1], already? If yes, feel free to add an
according
question (best with source code :) there, if not, pls have a look at
this
Wiki page, and tell us if it answers your question or what is still
missing.

Now, trying to answer some of your questions:

>Question #1: Where do I get the URL of the source document from?
>The current stylesheet tests if there is a xml:base. If there
>is no xml:base it tests if the parameter URL was past to it.
>If not the default value is "".

IMHO this is correct, looking at [2] and [3] (resolved issues).

>Question #2: What happened to the use of "class" attribute?
>Since I found no trace of it in the tests and in the syntax, I
>deactivated its use in the transformation.

Hm. IIRC, this is still in flux, see Tracker [4].
We certainly have to resolve this one; the latest thread on
the RDFa list I am aware of is [5].

@Ben: I've just updated the Tracker issue 3, maybe an agenda item for
today?

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa/LiteralObject
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/#IDAV0EFC
[3]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues.html#cu
rie-base
[4] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/3
[5]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Feb/0063.
html

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.

 http://www.joanneum.at/iis/

l/rdfatests/results_2007_04_15/

> [...]
><http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/knows>
><http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/knows>
><http://example.org/Person2> <http://example.org/Person2>
>
>Even if foaf:knows was transitive, I think it wouldn't be a
>good idea to rely on this in an RDFa test.
>

>Test case#13: I fail this test but I need explanations.
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000013.html
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000013.sparql
>Here I don't really know what to produce: the reason I fail is
>because when I copy the source nodes:
>E = mc<sup>2</sup>: The Most Urgent Problem of Our Time
>The transformation adds the namespaces declaration to <sup>.
>I am not clear exactly what should be copied: (1) the exact
>string or (2) the XML nodes and their context?
>I looked at the following pointer but couldn't tell after either:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-concepts-20030123/#dfn-rdf-XMLLiteral
>

>Test case#102: the SPARQL query contains "malto:libby" instead
>of "mailto:libby" <mailto:libby> .
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000102.html
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000102.sparql
>

>Test case#105: the SPARQL query contains "000105.ttl#photo1"
>instead of "000105.html#photo1".
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000105.html
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000105.sparql
>

>Test case#108: the SPARQL query contains several
>"000108.ttl#me" instead of "000108.html#me".
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000108.html
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000108.sparql
>

>Test case#112: Although I pass this one I am not sure it is
>right to use datatype like this.
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000112.html
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000112.sparql
>This one uses a fake datatype which implies hacking in the
>code and I am not sure it is a good idea. Why not use
>rdf:Literal for the same result?
><http://example.org/node>  property="ex:property" xml:lang="
><xml:lang=> fr" datatype="plainliteral">chat</span>
>

>Hausenblas, Michael:
>
>	Fabien,
>
>	Ok, great. Let us go through it step by step.
>
>	First, my action [1] (in the RDFa TF) was about
>	updating your XSLT to reflect the latest updates,
>	for example [2].
>
>	Regarding the URL for the GRDDL profile, I'd like propose
>	to take Dan's comment [3] into account.
>
>	I'm in doubt if it makes sense that I actually start making
>	the updates, as you already have planed to do it ...
>
>	Regarding the test cases: The RDFa Test Suite is available
>	at [4] and we would be very happy if people start using it and
>	give feedback ;)
>
>	IMHO it would be a good idea, if you could join us at next
>	Monday's RDFa telecon. We could sort out these issues -
>	also w.r.t. overlaps in the GRDDL/RDFa - and agree on a

Apr/0027.