link and meta in head of xhtml document?

From: Benjamin Yu <benjaminlyu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:05:00 +0000
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

I have a few questions about Subject resolution for an RDFa parser I
am working on:

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/
Section "4.4.4.1 meta or link inside the head in XHTML2" states:
"""A meta or link without its own about attribute and positioned
directly within the head of a document will automatically apply to the
document itself. Effectively, the head of an XHTML2 document contains
an implicit about="".
"""

Is the about always set to ""?
What if an about attribute exists in the head, then I would expect
that value to be used.
What about cases where the head has an 'id' attribute without the
about attribute?

Does 4.4.4.1 supersede the resolution as described in 4.4.4?

Thanks,
Ben