Re: link and meta in head of xhtml document?

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:00:37 -0400
To: Benjamin Yu <benjaminlyu@gmail.com>
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

The RDFa syntax document is in flux, so thanks for pointing out these
issues that lack clarity!

> Is the about always set to ""?
> What if an about attribute exists in the head, then I would expect
> that value to be used.
> What about cases where the head has an 'id' attribute without the
> about attribute?

I believe that we agreed that having an about or id would override the
subject, just as expected. The point here is that if you put an about on
the HTML element, the HEAD is still about="" by default. This was for
backwards compatibility purposes with existing META elements.

Mark, Steven, am I missing something?

> Does 4.4.4.1 supersede the resolution as described in 4.4.4?

Yes, in the case of a HEAD without an ABOUT or ID, it does.