Feature request: GRDDL indirection for rapper

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:24:46 +0200
To: redland-dev@lists.librdf.org
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Crschmidt pointed me to rapper earlier, specifically -

rapper -i grddl http://...

Very nice, though there's a little extension that I reckon would make
it nicer still. It's not altogether clear in the current GRDDL docs,
but according to [1], if the XHTML doc contains something like:
<head profile="http://example.org/profile">

- that's enough. A GRDDL processor can dereference that URI, run the
straightforward GRDDL on the profile doc (which will typically have
data-view profile and linked XSLT) to grab a triple of the form:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="">
   <dataview:profileTransformation
rdf:resource="http://example.org/transform.xsl" />
</rdf:Description>

(where "" is the profile doc)

once the processor has that, it can return to the original XHTML doc
and run the transformation, producing lots of lovely triples.

Dom links to some existing examples in the list post below, I've put
up an example I believe conforms to the requirements at:

http://dannyayers.com/xmlns/hdoap/samples/redland-doap.html

(it does include a redundant link to the transformation, I can't see
that doing any harm)

details at:
http://purl.org/stuff/hdoap/profile

Cheers,