RE: Another problem with leading digits

Hi,

I agree with Ralph that it's out of scope.

The problem is to do with the fragment identifiers in HTML rather than the
URIs in RDF. What Misha would like to do is reducible to this:

    Kendo is a Japanese traditional martial art using a bamboo sword,
    sometimes called Japanese fencing.

But the fact that he can't has nothing to do with RDF.

One possible workaround would be to do this:

    Kendo is a Japanese traditional martial art using a bamboo sword,
    sometimes called Japanese fencing.

And then set the namespace as follows:

  xmlns:subject="http://www.iptc.org/NewsCodes/SubjectCode#subj"

Then you can still use your preferred syntax for the actual codes
themselves:

   subject:15093000

This would result in the correct URI reference. I know it's not ideal, but
my recollection of the earliest discussions on this subject were that the
"subject:15093000" syntax was the most important thing to preserve, and as
you know, a mechanism to do that has been proposed and is under discussion.

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net