Re: Another problem with leading digits

At 02:08 PM 12/14/2005 +0000, Misha Wolf wrote:
>If the
>string "15093000" were to act as a fragment identifier within a Web
>page and if the fragment were to be identified by an attribute
>conforming to the XML attribute type 'ID', then this would be
>illegal, due to the leading digit.
>
>HTML 4 appears to have no such constraint.  The XHTML 2 draft appears
>to be silent on this matter.
>
>Is this issue of interest to the task force?

The issue of what is permissible within an XML ID attribute
and how that may affect XHTML document authors is, I think,
well out of scope for the RDF-in-XHTML Task Force.

Your issue may apply equally well to RDF/XML, however.
The attribute rdf:ID is specified to have the value restrictions
of NCName, per [1,2]; i.e. it must start with a letter or '_'.

   [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#idAttr
   [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#rdf-id

This is still out-of-scope for the RDF-in-XHTML Task Force
and the simple work-around for an RDF/XML document is
to use the rdf:about attribute.