Discussing Outsanding Issues - Issue #9

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:21:38 -0500
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

As per the last telecon, I'm going to work through the issues on our
issues list [1] via email. Particularly difficult points will be
discussed during telecons, of course.

So we start with issue #9:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues#link-
clickable

The question is whether the following XHTML should yield a clickable
link:

========
	some interesting quotation
	written by <link rel="dc:creator" href="http://foobar.com">Bob</link>.
========

In our telecon discussions, we wondered whether this was solely an
issue for the XHTML WG to discuss. Certainly, Steven and Mark should
be the ones to chime in on this one. That said, there are
consequences to the expressive power of RDF/A. Specifically, without
this feature, then we can't reduce data duplication on a clickable/
semantic link that pertains to a bnode (as above).

Please send your thoughts/comments as a response to this email.

-Ben

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues