Re: [ALL] [HTML] reification in rdf/a

Hi, delurking for a second, as this is important for CC and I've always
been personally a bit confused by the notion that reification is
problematic (apart from the usual RDF/XML syntax issues).

The inference below that b was licensed on the same date as a seems
correct.  owl:sameAs says a and b are the same thing.  Of course any
assertion about one is true of the other, though it is silly to say
"other", as we've said they are identical.

I'm not entirely certain upon re-reading
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#sameAs-def whether "same" means ==
or .equals() (i.e., identity or equality), which could make a
difference.

But in any case, any ambiguity there is would arise from inappropriate
use of owl:sameAs, not reification.

<http://a.example.org> dc:title "foo" .
<http://b.example.org> dc:title "Foo" .
<http://b.example.org> owl:sameAs <http://a.example.org> .

presumably allows one to infer

<http://a.example.org> dc:title "Foo" .

No reification involved.  Looks analogous to the example below that does
involve reification.  (I don't see a problem in either case, but if
there is a problem, it is in both cases.)

This is important to CC because we'd like people to be able to make
assertions about license assertions (e.g., who, effective date,
warranty), in addition to straightforward assertions about works and
licenses.  The latter are too imprecise when a work is potentially
offered under multiple licenses by multiple rights holders.

--
  Mike Linksvayer
  http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21