use case question

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:07:43 +0000
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hi,

I had a (very) short look at the RDF/A proposal, so I don't really
understand it yet. I was wondering if the following use case would
be covered by RDF/A:

I'd like to tag an html section as (a label of) a resource with
certain identifying properties, in order to generate pointers
to additional information. An example:

[[
Then I saw Peter's solution.
]]

I would like to say that "Peter" is (the foaf:givenname of) a
foaf:Person with a foaf:mbox of <mailto:peter@ex.com>

I would need something along (sorry for pseudo-code):

[[
Then I saw
      foaf:mbox="mailto:peter@ex.com">Peter</span>'s
solution.
]]

I know the above is wrong as the literal "peter" should not be
typed as a foaf:Person, but I hope you can see what I'm trying
to achieve. My idea was to add a click event to the span tag
which could e.g. display a div with a  "find out more about
this person" link.

Is that a use case RDF/A covers?

regards,
benjamin