Re: ACTION-540 Review the overview document

From: Matthew Perry <matthew.perry@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:05:58 -0400
To: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
CC: W3C SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Hi Axel,

My review is below. I just found a few minor issues.

Section 1:
Typo: SPARQL 1.1 Entailment Regimes - A specification defining the semantics of SPARQL queries under entailment regimes such as RDF Schema, OWL, or [remove comma] RIF.

Section 1.1:
Example data seems to be Ntriple not turtle.
Typo (a#me instead of alice#me)?: <http://example.org/bob#me> foaf:knows <http://example.org/a[lice]#me>

Section 2:
Just like in the earlier SPARQL1.0 specification  [SPARQL-Query] from 2008, complex queries may include union, optional query parts, filters, value aggregation, path expressions, nested queries, etc. [Needs re-wording - SPARQL 1.0 does not allow value aggregation, path expressions or nested queries.]

Section 3:
Example has wrong result. Count for "Alice" should be 3. Also update examples for XML, JSON, CSV, TSV.

Section 4:
Typo: For instance, in our example, one may want to [know] whether there is anyone among Alice's friends with the same name [as] the resource identified by the IRI <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Snoopy> at DBPedia.

Thanks,
Matt

.