Format of SPARQL Update results

From: Alexandre Passant <alexandre.passant@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:07:30 +0000
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Reading the discussion about JSON serialization of query results, I figured out that we don't have a proper format for results of SPARQL Update queries.
Since we agreed to send only success / failure as a result, I suggest to use the boolean return form (as for ASK) with true / false values depending on the success / failure (so that it does not require updates to the XML / JSON result formats).

I don't think we need a formal vote for that, but if anyone objects or have other opinions, please let me know.
If not, I'll include that to the next round of publishing.

Dr. Alexandre Passant
Digital Enterprise Research Institute
National University of Ireland, Galway
:me owl:sameAs <http://apassant.net/alex> .