Format of SPARQL Update results

From: Alexandre Passant <alexandre.passant@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:07:30 +0000
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Hi,

Reading the discussion about JSON serialization of query results, I figured out that we don't have a proper format for results of SPARQL Update queries.
Since we agreed to send only success / failure as a result, I suggest to use the boolean return form (as for ASK) with true / false values depending on the success / failure (so that it does not require updates to the XML / JSON result formats).

I don't think we need a formal vote for that, but if anyone objects or have other opinions, please let me know.
If not, I'll include that to the next round of publishing.

Thanks,

Alex.

--
Dr. Alexandre Passant