Re: Proposed change to the OWL-2 Direct Semantics entailment regime

From: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:58:31 +0000
To: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Cc: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
On 30 November 2010 14:51, Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it> wrote:

> On 30 Nov 2010, at 15:45, Birte Glimm wrote:
>
>> Yes, and going from one regime to a more expressive one should just
>> give you more answers I think.
>
> Any logical, philosophical, formal argument for this?

Just that I find it hard to explain or conceive why you should get
less answers with a more expressive logical formalism, e.g., you can
have the same graph and query giving you less answers under the OWL DS
regime than in any other regime with the changed semantics.

Birte

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 309
Computing Laboratory