Update shortcuts summary and discussion

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:09:04 +0000
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Dear all,

we still couldn't reach agreement on the update shortcuts emtirely. In principle there are two competing proposals on the table:

PROPOSED: Add update shortcuts in LC marked explicitly "AT RISK" and asking for feedback, explicitly about potentially complicating the language, and implementation experience.
vs.

PROPOSED: postpone ISSUE-59

We only voted formally on the former (that would imply closing ISSUE-59) but got a lot of abstentions (4 +1,5 abstain or 0, 0 -1) and there was reservations on going forward with this as a resolution today. The latter had some friends in the group, but I didn't want to vote over it without hearing Alex' opinion.

So, my goal would be - without tow much further discussion - put these two up for vote again next time and go with the less controversial one. By less controversial, I mean
a) nobody lying on the road in front of it
b) less abstentions
in that order of priority.

Axel