Re: Test framework for Update

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:46:44 +0000
To: Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

The work was done by several of us (DanBri, Libby ...) then adopted by
DAWG (Steve, Lee, Jeen), Eric added annotation support for noting
intersting facts and the rdf:type got added (syntax test, bad synatx
test, query test).

mf:entries
    (
      [  mf:name    "Path-01" ;
         rdf:type   mfx:TestQuery ;
         mf:action
         [ qt:query  <path-01.arq> ;
           qt:data   <data-1.ttl> ] ;
         mf:result  <path-01.srx>
      ]

The structure of tests needs tweaking but it is basically there:
action-result, where the action has query-specific vocab for dataset
description and the query itself.

What could work for update is the same overall theme:

graph store - update script - result

where the result is an NQuads file (lowest implementation cost).  The
dataset description would work for a graph store, I think, including
empty graphs (with care).

You can get to all the scripted test via:

http://jena.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jena/ARQ/trunk/testing/ARQ/

but there isn't scripted support for update.

	Andy