Re: Agenda SPARQL TC 2010-02-09

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 09:18:38 +0000
To: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>

On 08/02/2010 8:09 AM, Axel Polleres wrote:
> 	• Any updates on F2F3?
> 	• Query Issues:
> 		• Andy's Summary
> 		• Discussion on issue-29
> 		• Discussion on issue-35
> 	• Test suite / test cases
> 	• On the deck:
> 		• SD issues: Greg's summary
> 		• ENT issues: Birte's summary

We could try to close some of these issues which Steve and I picked out
as having consensus as far as we knew.

We won't do all of them but we could try for 3,4,12,36

ISSUE-3
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/3

ISSUE-4
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/4

ISSUE-12
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/12

ISSUE-36
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/36

	Andy

More complete list from the emails:

 > ISSUE-3
 > Subquery syntax (e.g. mandatory curly braces
 > DONE - use {}

 > http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/3
 > Subquery syntax (e.g. mandatory curly braces)
 > - I've not heard anyone speaking against braces recently.

 > ISSUE-4
 > What is the variable scope between main queries and subqueries
 > DONE - join scoping subject to projection.

 > http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/4
 > What is the variable scope between main queries and subqueries?
 > - Only projected variables have scope outside a subquery.

 > ISSUE-8
 > What determines the RDF dataset for subqueries?
 > DONE - Same as outer query - no FROM in subqueries.

 > ISSUE-12
 > Presence and syntactic detail of HAVING clause
 > DONE (it's like a FILTER with the word HAVING)

 > http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/12
 > Presence and syntactic detail of HAVING clause
 > - Seems consensus on the post-aggregate FILTER being called.

 > ISSUE-36
 > What happens when expressions are projected with the same name as an
 > existing variable?
 > DONE Current doc proposes this is a static error.

 > http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/36
 > What happens when expressions are projected with the same name as an
 > existing variable?
 > - Seems consensus on it being an error.

 > ISSUE-39
 > Can variable used as aliases for expressions be themselves used in other
 > expressions?
 > DONE
 > Scope starts at point of definition - can use to the right and outer
scope.