Re: IRI creation and encoding

On 04/06/2010 10:49 PM, Axel Polleres wrote:
> That means that IRI should also  appearing in a column in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#FunctionMapping
> i.e., shouldn't IRI rather be mentioned in the casting/constructor functions in section 15.5?

The section is about XSD casting as the first line of text in the
section states:

[[
SPARQL imports a subset of the XPath constructor functions defined in
XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators
]]

so I didn't immediately put the text there.  None of the term builders
are F&O operations, although STRDT is related.  The section is about the
slightly extended F&O rules.  I'm more tending to changing the section
title to reflect that.

The table is from F&O sec 17.1, modified.  The occurence of IR is not a
function but the type - only xsd:string() applies.

	Andy