[ACTION-38] Re: Agenda 2009-06-16

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:52:36 -0400
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
On Jun 15, 2009, at 11:39 AM, Axel Polleres wrote:

> b) we'd like to continue on Service Descriptions. Last time, two
> main issues seemed to have emerged. first questin we have to answer
> is how
> service descriptions are served/requested, Jacek put a summary of
> options at [1,2]. The second question is which basic features we
> standardize and which we leave to other specifications. Greg agreed
> to send a strawman proposal we can discuss by tonite, probably based
> on [3].
> * Service Descriptions - http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:ServiceDescriptions
>          o Discuss progress/actions since last time.
>                + Strawman on which features we standardize or not?
> ACTION-38 (Greg Williams)

I've added a section to the service descriptions page with a proposal
[1]. Briefly, there are 8 things I think should be defined, including
instance URIs and vocabulary terms to be used for the service

1) URIs for the SPARQL 2.0 language and its subsets (query, update,
safe, ...)
2) A class for SPARQL endpoints
3) URIs for built-in functions (both filter/project and aggregate
functions) that lack existing URIs
4) URIs for supported entailment regimes
5) A property relating an endpoint to its supported entailment regime(s)
6) A property for supported extension functions
7) A property for supported extensions to SPARQL itself
8) A property for relating an endpoint to a description of its dataset
(leaving the details to VoiD or other vocabularies)

There's a bit more detail on the wiki page, along with a few other
things that were either mentioned in previous DAWG work or appear in
existing vocabularies (SADDLE), but aren't as important or relevant,

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:ServiceDescriptions#Strawman_Proposal_for_Service_Description_Vocabulary_and_URIs