Re: Timezones and xsd:dateTime/xsd:date

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:13:43 +0100
To: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
CC: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, 'RDF Data Access Working Group' <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> + comparing timezones vs. non-timezoned values in open-world/data-n
> tests (issue for EricP / AndyS ?)

I think the comment has a point - there is something untoward here about
comparing dateTime or date with no time zone with one that does have a time
zone.  (I would really like Eric to confirm or refute this in case I've
misread or not fount the right place to read in the XSF/F&O docs.)

The solution is change the tests.  If we want to be in picky mode, its the
result that change,; if we want to be relaxed, change the data so comparisons
are more than 14 hours apart.

> Lee

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England