Re: SPARQL Query Results XML Format - last call work (schema stuff)

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 10:44 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 18:22 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> > In http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/
> > $Revision: 1.52 $ of $Date: 2005/07/26 17:11:25 $
>

> > After "PROPOSED: to note that the .xsd is derived from the .rng (and
> > therefore, as far as we know, they mean the same thing) and make them
> > both normative"
> >
> > Done.  See Section 4. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#schemas
>
> Very well.
>

> > After "PROPOSED: to change the namespace name to
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results# (and update rf1 and rq23)"
> > and
> > ACTION DaveB: update rf1 with new namespace
> > (which is http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results# )
> >
> > Done.  Also updated all the schemas and examples.
> > See section 3. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#examples
> > and section 4. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#schemas
>
> Right. looks good.
>

> > ACTION DaveB: to choose a term and define it
> > (for the document itself)
> >
> > Done.  It's at the start of section 2. and has anchor defn-srd
> > for the term "SPARQL Results Document"
> > http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#defn-srd
>
> It doesn't actually define the term; i.e. it doesn't use
> the conformance language from relax-ng:
>
> "... determine for any XML document and for any correct RELAX NG schema
> whether the document is valid with respect to the schema."
> --
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/spec-20011203.html#conformance
>
> Perhaps...
>
>   A SPARQL results document is an XML document that is
>   valid with respect to the relax NG schema in section @@.
>
> I'm not sure whether a relax-NG schema file is a relax-NG
> schema. I know there's an indirection in XSD.
>
> Since we decided result2.xsd is normative too, we need a normative
> reference to XSD.
>
> I can't find the part of the XML Schema spec that says how to
> say that a document matches a schema.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#validation_outcome

I took your wording and made section 2. Definition entirely the
definition, using the style from SPARQL query.  I moved the remaining
words into the introduction paragraph in section 1.

> Maybe it's not worth the bother; maybe it's clear enough what
> a SPARQL Results Document is. But do add the normative reference
> to /TR/xmlschema-1/

Added.

Changes made in
  $Revision: 1.55 $ of $Date: 2005/07/28 10:46:44 $

also includes some html fixes in the references.

Dave