Re: SPARQL Query Results XML Format - last call work (MIME stuff)

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 10:43 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 18:22 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> > In http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/
> > $Revision: 1.52 $ of $Date: 2005/07/26 17:11:25 $
>
> > I took them from http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-dawg-irc before the formal
> > record appears, I'll check when it does.
> >
> > After "PROPOSED: that http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/mime.txt
> > (delegating choice of file extension to the editor) addresses issue
> > resultsMimeType, contingent on review by Elias"
> >
> > I chose a file extension of ".srx"
>
> very well.
>
> >  which has no previous common record
> > in the file extension websites referred to in the telcon.  This was
> > actioned via a resolution in the telcon.  This changes section 5, see
> > next item.
> >

> > ACTION DaveB: add mime type to results format
> >
> > Done.  Reviewers of the mime-type registration (EliasT, DanC) you might
> > prefer to read section 5 of the draft
> >   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#mime
> > which I've made into a stand-out HTML style rather than <pre>, and added
> > links.
>

> About the "Person & email address to contact for further information"
> and the "Author/Change controller"... It's correct to say
> that "The W3C has change control over these specifications".
> And what you say about the DAWG is correct, though perhaps not
> relevant in a few years. I'm not sure about listing you
> as the contact person; that's a long time commitment. Maybe
> it's OK to give your name, but for the email address,
> use public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org . And maybe give both
> your name and EricP's.

The final sentence does say that it's the W3C who is the change
controller.  This wording I cribbed from draft mime type registrations
for Voice XML (Internet-Draft process).

Changed to add EricP's name and the above email address.

> I don't see any reason to have a separate references section for
> the MIME template. I'd rather have one references list.

I'd rather keep the references specific to the mime type registration
form close to it as the RFCs cited there are only for that registration.

I've just noticed I wasn't linking from the first use of items such as
"RDF Term" etc. directly to the defn in SPARQL Query so I've changed the
html style from <em>foo</em> (<a href=... SPARQL Query sec x.y</a>) to
just <a href=...>foo</a>.

I've also noticed that Query Results is not defined in the QL spec, so
I've changed the first reference to Solution Sequence (when talking
about variable bindings results) and used 'query results' as a shorthand
for this document.

> Hmm... while in theory, of course it's true that...
>   Documents can be encrypted and signed using
>   [W3C.REC-xmlenc-core-20021210] and
>   [W3C.REC-xmldsig-core-20020212], respectively
>
> But by saying that in this spec, it becomes a feature that
> we need to test before PR. I'm not really sure our schema
> allows xmldsig to be mixed in, and I'm not sure SPARQL
> clients will grok if a wrapper is added.
>
> I suggest dropping that text, unless somebody wants to
> work out the details of using xml sig/enc in this MIME type.

Deleted use and references to xmlenc and xmldsig.

Changes made in
$Revision: 1.54 $ of $Date: 2005/07/28 10:15:10 $

Dave